- In these Terms, when we talk about “Easy Giving”, “us” “our” or “we” we mean Easy Giving Limited, a New Zealand owned and registered Company.
- When we use the term “personal information” we mean information about an identifiable individual.
Resale or Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
- Easy Giving does not sell rights to any personal information collected by our Platforms including application, forms, download requests or email lists. However, to be able to provide our Services we do need to share some information with trusted third party service providers and Inland Revenue.
- In order to provide you with the ability to claim back any donation tax credit you are owed, Easy Giving may share your information for the purpose of introducing tax credit and tax refund services to you, and in accordance with the privacy terms and conditions of NZ Tax Refunds Ltd.
Usage Information Collected By Our Website
Easy Giving collects information about how you use our Website and the Services in order to improve the value of our Website, the materials available on our Website and the Services.
Cookies and Tracking
- Any information Easy Giving gathers from cookies is collected for the sole purpose of improving our offerings and developing our Services to best suit your needs.
- Most browsers are set to accept cookies automatically. However, you can change your browser settings so you will be notified when cookies are being sent, decide on a case-by-case basis whether to accept or decline cookies or exclude them altogether.
- If you decline cookies, you may not be able to make full use of some areas or features of the Easy Giving Services.
Security of your Data
- We will securely store and protect any personal information we have using industry best practice solutions.
- We protect our Website with Extended Security Certificates (Thawte SSL). Your data will be stored in a 24/7 secure data centre in New Zealand.
- All Easy Giving staff are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality of personal information.
Retention of your Data
New Zealand law states that we must retain copies of your personal data for up to 7 years. Information no longer required by us to provide you with Services, or required under law, is disposed of by secure destruction.
Privacy of your personal information
- Easy Giving ensures that all personal information is held as private and confidential.
- Personal information collected in writing and/or verbally in relation to providing the Services can and may be used for internal auditing purposes by Easy Giving, and provided to the Inland Revenue for external auditing purposes.
Privacy of our Email Lists
When you register or apply online for our Services, your personal information is added to our email database. Easy Giving will not sell any rights to our email database. Only authorised Easy Giving staff and/or our trusted third party providers have any access to our email database.
We strive to only send e-mails promoting our Services to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future marketing e-mails from us, please use the 'unsubscribe' link located at the bottom of the email that we’ve sent to you or contact us at the email address or phone number set out below.
Links to other websites
All communication between Easy Giving and you is logged for security purposes. Telephone conversations between you and Easy Giving may be recorded for training and audit purposes.
We will use your email address and phone number to contact you about our Services, and provide customer support.
Requests for Access and Correction to Your Personal Information
You are welcome to request access to, or correction of any of your personal information that we are holding. We will respond to you within 10 working days or otherwise in accordance with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993.